Designer Rebecca Asquith
Hexagonal shapes are prolific throughout nature. Most notably, these shapes are seen in the hive of the honey bee. A honeycomb cell is one of nature’s most efficient designs – there is not one unnecessary surface.
Made from lightweight felted polyester, the Nectar lampshade draws its inspiration from the beehive. During the day it is a soft reminder of the beauty of nature and the amazing strength of the honeycomb structure. At night the Nectar comes alive with a warm and comforting inner glow that also highlights the structure and craftsmanship of the shade.
Half shade: 260mmH x 360mmD
Full shade: 690mmH x 360mmD
100% Polyester, steel spider and ring
- The shade is made from 100% polyester (92% recycled content) that is UV stabilised to provide resistance to colour fade and moisture so that it won’t stain, rot or break down. It is also a non-rip, non-fray, non-toxic, non-allergenic, highly durable and easy-to-clean material.
- Can come as a flat packed kitset to minimise packaging materials and to reduce its size for transport. Assembly required.
- It is cleverly constructed in such a way that it does not require any glue or clips for its assembly or any frame work to keep its shape, apart from a steel ring top and bottom.
- Die cut with the parts tightly nested together to minimise waste.
- All off-cuts from the production process are taken back by the manufacturer to be recycled into new material.