Designer: Rebecca Asquith
Date designed: 2011
Hexagonal shapes are prolific throughout nature, most notably, these shapes are seen in the hive of the honey bee. The Nectar Lampshade is a soft reminder of the beauty of nature and the amazing strength of the honeycomb structure.
Made from a lightweight acoustic fabric, the Nectar Lampshade can vastly improve the acoustic comfort of various spaces while providing either a soft ambient light (Full Nectar), or a more direct light source (Half Nectar).
Award winner 2012: The Nectar lampshades gained the admiration of the judges and earned the Best Commercial Product award as well as the Best Green Product Award at the Australian International Furniture Fair in Sydney .
The judges comments about the Nectar lampshade Collection were:
“Extremely well resolved modular concept, striking and original, unusual, scalable and flexible, economical and excellent commercial potential.”
“Here is a product that does not look like an eco product yet displays deep green thinking, proof that good design must embrace sustainability, a product that is emotional, a tribute to nature and makes post industrial waste attractive.”
Half Small 270mmH x 360mmW x 360mmL
Half Large 460mmH x 720mmW x 720mmL Full 690mmH x 360mmW x 360mmL
100% PET, steel spider and ring.
Light grey, Dark grey (half shades only), Orange, Mustard.
Does not come with bulb, cord or ceiling rose.
We try to hold all products in stock. If we do not have it in stock allow a 2-3 week lead time for this product.
- The shade material provides excellent acoustic absorbency.
- The shade material is UV stabilised to resist colour fading and moisture damage. This material is also: non-toxic, non-allergenic, highly durable and easy to clean.
- The shade is made from 100% recycled and recyclable PET (approximately 90% post consumer waste) and carries certifications that can contribute to Green Star ratings.
- Can come as a flat packed kitset to minimise packaging materials and to reduce its size for transport. Assembly required.
- It is cleverly constructed in such a way that it does not require any glue or clips for its assembly or any frame work to keep its shape, apart from a steel ring top and bottom.
- Die cut with the parts tightly nested together to minimise waste.
- All off-cuts from the production process are taken back by the manufacturer to be recycled into new material.